Property Management is Valued by Landlords
October 13, 2010
The latest quarterly Young Index survey that we carry out at Young Group of residential investment sentiment focused upon property management.
In a sector that is characterised by large numbers of ‘amateur’ landlords, it is encouraging to see that they appear to wholeheartedly value pr ofessional property management and indicate that they believe it results in higher rents, enhanced capital values, longer tenancies and encourages tenants to take better care
of their rental property.
????I thought you might like to see the property results:
- 70% of landlords believe that tenants pay higher rent for properties that are professionally managed.
- 68% of landlords believe that average tenancies are longer for property
that is professionally managed.
- 71% of landlords believe that tenants take better care of a property that is professionally managed.
- 67% of landlords believe that professional management of property enhances its capital value.
- 71% of landlords think that professional property management is money well spent.
- 75% of landlords would recommend professional property management.
- 61% of landlords questioned employ an agent to manage their property.
- 34% manage the property themselves and 5% of landlords’ properties are managed by a member of their family or a friend.
- Of those who self-manage their rental property, 87% enjoy doing so and 85% are motivated by the cost saving.
To see the full report:
To see previous reports:
Interesting results don’t you think?