February 8, 2011
It is great being involved in these events, with these organisations.
They are an opportunity for people to share views and learn from each other.
15th February – BPF’s “Roaring Trade? Retail occupancy rates six m onths
on.” Essentially the breakfast seminar is looking at current occupancy rates in retail.
The panel is:
Matthew Hopkinson, Director of the Local Data Company
Tim Danaher, Editor, Retail Week
Barry Gilbertson, Partner, PwC
Hugh Pym, Chief Economics Correspondent, BBC
Mike Riley, Joint Chief Executive Officer, Local Shopping REIT
Neil Young, Chief Executive, Young Group
My role is to bring a residential perspective to retail occupancy. I often talk about the ’10 minute’ rule, where I believe residential property needs to be within 10 minutes of good transport, restaurants/bars and groceries.
Property should not be looked at in i solation, the surrounding area is so important.
3rd March – LD Events Conference on “Where will the funding come from to unlock development?” This conference examines the availability of funding for residential development, who is lending and on what terms,
the different funding options, and opportunities in the
funding market. I have been asked to present on:
“Where is the Residential Investor Market, what can institutional and private investors offer to the market, what values will they invest at and where? The creativity required to make the deals and Joint Ventures happen.”
This is a lot to cover in twenty minutes!
Others speaking on the day are:
- Dominic Grace, Director, Head of Residential, Savills
- Scott Stuart, Regional Director for Real Estate, Santander Corporate Banking
- David Clark, Group Finance Director, Mount Anvil
- Rob Thomas, Senior Policy Adviser, Council of Mortgage Lenders
- Markus Reynolds, Structured Property Finance, Investec
- Rob Weaver, Head of Residential Funds, Invista Real Estate Investment Management
- Duncan Hughes, Managing Director, LRE Capital
- Robert Finch, Director, Sativa Finance
- Liz Peace CBE, Chief Executive, British Property Federation
- Chris Lacey, Executive Director, Head of Mixed Use and Funding, CB Richard Ellis
- Tom Nicholson, Group Special Projects Director, Galliford Try
- Jacob Kut, Director, GVA Grimley
- Neil Young, Chief Executive, Young Group
- William Newsom, Director and UK Head of Valuations, Savills
- Stephen Alston, Director, Generator Group
24th March – Property Week Conference on “Increasing returns for the housing sector“. The conference looks at how residential property management can improve returns from the Private Rented Sector.
I have been asked to join the summary panel session at the end of the conference.
Any thoughts on what I should say would be welcome!