Extension of London Overground Completed
December 18, 2012
News of the completion of the extension to the London Overground line has been greeted with much cheer at Young Group, not in small part due to the fact that more than 7 years ago (pre-approval of the extension), we identified areas along this route as excellent investment opportunities.
The new Overground lines link the areas with popular commuter destinations throughout London, such as Islington, Stratford and Clapham. It provides an orbital route around the capital in much the same way that the M25 motorway does.
The final part of the London Overground line extension, from Surrey Quays to Clapham Junction, now links south east and south west London with a fast service. The new link also opens up destinations and connections to:
• Canada Water (for Jubilee line services to Canary Wharf, the West End and Stratford)
• Clapham High Street (for Northern line services to the City and the West End)
• Clapham Junction (for services to Victoria, Waterloo, west London, Gatwick Airport and destinations in the south of England)
• Highbury & Islington (for Victoria line and National Rail services)
• Shadwell (for DLR services to Bank and Canary Wharf)
• Shoreditch High Street (for the City)
• Whitechapel (for District and Hammersmith & City line services)
This final stage of the £1.5 billion investment programme improves London Overground, giving a reliable and accessible network that runs more frequently. The line has trains running up to every 15 minutes between:
• Highbury & Islington and Clapham Junction
• Highbury & Islington and Crystal Palace
• Dalston Junction and New Cross
• Dalston Junction and West Croydon
This means that trains will run every 3 to 5 minutes between Dalston Junction and Surrey Quays.
After extensive research Young Group recommended that our clients purchase in both Haggerston E2 (Union Wharf) and Surrey Quays SE16 (The Water Gardens) in 2005 and also in Dalston E8 (The Interchange) in 2006.
Long term lettings of properties within all three developments have proved to be hugely successful with there being minimal void periods.
A telling sign that Young Group identified shrewd investment choices is that clients, to this day, still retain their holdings in these developments.
The completion of this huge infrastructure project for London Overground demonstrates the Capital’s on-going commitment to staying at the forefront as a world city.
Young Group provides consultancy and advisory services to those currently invested in the Private Rented Sector (PRS) and to those considering investing in the asset class. Through research and industry knowledge we are able to identify properties that will provide suitable investment opportunities.