HomeLet release their March 2013 Rental Index
April 29, 2013
Please find a link to the March 2013 HomeLet Rental Index.
The HomeLet Rental Index is based on agreed rental prices rather than the prices that are advertised on property portals. The Rental Index provides a wide range of information and a unique insight into the performance of the Private Rented Sector.
Headlines from this report show:
• The average cost of renting a home in the UK decreased by 0.4% over the past month to £774
• Despite the monthly drop, average rents are still 1.8% higher than in March 2012
• The North East saw the largest monthly and annual increases after rising by 16.8% and 15.7% respectively to £590 per month
• For the second consecutive month, Wales saw the largest annual decrease in average rents, after lowering by 3% to £544 per month
• At £1,227 per month, average rents in the Capital are 6.5% more expensive than the same time last year
There is also a focus on the average quarterly rental amounts of areas within Greater London.